Wednesday, April 13, 2011

Her comes another Baby Quilt

 It is that time of year for baby quilts!
I copied this idea from my mother. It was quick and easy . I just rolled the edges over and stiched a straight line for the finish. I loved not having to sew quares together and I love the raggety soft look. 

 
                               



















Lay your bottom fabric (45" square) print side down. Spray a light film of spray adhesive on the fabric then lay the thin batting ( I use warm and natural) on it and smooth flat. Spray lightly again and then lay your top fabric wrong side down on the batting. smooth and trim edges if needed.



Take a pencil and a ruler and mark you top fabric with a graph of 3 inch suares. This is the most important step so you have a pattern to lay your squares on. Trust me the pencil lines will never be seen.


                              

Cut your fabric into squares. You will need 182--- 2 1/2" X 2 1/2" squares. I figured that I could get 48 squares out of 1/4 of a yard of fabric.


Lay your squares of fabric out on your grid with each corner on a corner of the penciled in squares. You can make a design or place them randomly. I pinned each one to all the layers of cloth with a single pin. Then just sew it all together!



So simple and adorable! What are you favorite patterns for baby quilts?

1 comment: