Tuesday, October 30, 2012

Halloween Dinner

I host a family dinner every Halloween this year I did a bit more to make it extra fun and seasonal.I served homemade chili Frito boats with all of the toppings that we enjoyed after our scary veggy appetizers that Christie brought.  We shared Haloween jokes and played a guessing games about monsters.
I made my own Seasonal stoneware by buying black and white plates from the dollar store and drew a different Halloween character in the middle of each one (a whole dozen) then I baked it in the oven on 350 for 30 minutes.  I appliqued the bats and moons on b/w gingham napkins I made.  I wanted everything to be black and white so that the accent of orange jack-o-lanterns would truly be an accent.  I love my new set of dishes!





 The mood at our table was completed by two glowing ghosts made with twinkle lights, sheets, and tomato cages.  We topped the night off with Melissa's creative Halloween desserts.  So fun and yummy!

No comments:

Post a Comment